HP: 96 / 3226
96 / 3226
MP: 1540 / 1540
1540 / 1540
EXP: 1630 / 1736
1630 / 1736

XBL Gamertag: KitDreamer
Steam ID: KitDreamer
Just got this game, and been playing it for a couple minutes. It's a spiritual sequel to CyberConnect2's previous game, Tail Concerto which was on the PS1, and which never made it to england. It hit elsewhere in Europe, America, and Japan, but not fucking England (don't you yanks ever say you never get any fucking exclusives, you fucks). NOT FUCKING ENGLAND. god fucking dammit I had to emulate that fucking game just to get to play it

now I know what you're saying, you're going "But Rusty you're a FURRY of course you want to play a game where you play an anthro dog" and I say in response yes, I suppose I would, but more because it looked adorable and you get to pilot a kinda cool and goofy looking mecha and there are floating islands and airships.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT so what if it contains fuzzy creatures, I don't care, it's really well animated and adorable and actually has a pretty good plot by all accounts!

But either way I never got far in it becuase I have the attention span of a gnat on amyl nitrate.

Still, I have the ISO still, so at some point I'll go back to it.

Now however I have Solatorobo and instantly it has a lot of charm. Its cutscenes are very well animated, using 3dmodels, where each piece of the model can be independantly moved, scaled and tweened to make some amazingly fluid animations and scenes. It of course has CyberConnect2's classic style of anime-inspired artwork, and that follows into the 3d models seamlessly too, without looking weird or disjointed from what the fully animated fmv intro or cover art are, which is great to see. The music is cute and chirpy and the game looks really quite good.

Combat is pretty fun too, built around your mecha grabbing, picking up, and throwing enemies and objects from what I can tell so far, but given there is a customisation option in the in game menu, I suspect there may be more combat options than just that.

My one complaint is that because of the resolution of the DS itself, it's sometimes hard to see detail in the gameworld, so combat can be sliiiightly confusing, but all in all it plays really quite well. For the five or so minutes I've played it, it's pretty fun and chances are I'll be playing more, and maybe getting back into Tail Concerto. I suggest you pick a copy up or something. It's kinda awesome.

Post subject: Re: Solatorobo - Red The Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:27 am 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
I cannot tell you how many times I have almost bought this game on Amazon, yet stopped myself from doing so, solely because I knew that there was no way that I would play it.

For no reason, other than I just don't have time for DS games unless I absolutely must have them.

I'm glad to hear that it's pretty sweet though.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』