EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
Game name: The Dark Spire
Players: 1
Developers: Atlus

Anyone who knows me knows I'm quite the Atlus whore. Yet recently theyve given me a STD. When I heard of a JRPG that pokes fun at D&D games, I thought it would be fun. I put it on my R4 first since I heard from a lot of people it wasnt the great game Atlus made it out to be.

I've got to listen to my intuition more often.

This game is pretty bad to me personally. Not exactly slit-your-throat bad but it feels like it tried then fell short, like watching a slo-mo running scene in Baywatch then having Pamela Anderson trip and fall halfway through the scene.

Now before you decide ultimately to not get this game, just listen. It's not like its controls are horrendous, its just that it takes a very, very long time to master the basics in this game. Most of the problem is from so much stuff to know yet a lack of a tutorial with a lot to know like mages and priests can't cast spells if they're equipping a helmet. Plus customization for characters isn't exactly the best, as when the stat roulette occured, even if I only had high INT I could only choose the warrior class for that person. A real turnoff for me.

Now I'm going to explain the good aspects of this game. First off, the graphics, they're very good. They give off a very dark atmosphere which firs in with this game. Second, the dialogue, anyone who likes Monty Python and the Holy Grail will like the dialogue in this game, from the guildmaster who can't give two shakes about his job to the tutorial knight who's obsessed with saying "You Passed!!!".

Final Verdict: If you've got a lot(and I mean a lot) of time to spare and like dungeon crawling RPGs, I'd reccomend this game. If not, steer clear.

look for my next review: it'll be either devil summoner 4 or tokyo beat down

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.