It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: So there may be a little discontent...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 pm 
Level: 27 Clown-loving ass munch
HP: 17 / 1795
17 / 1795
MP: 857 / 857
857 / 857
EXP: 944 / 1000
944 / 1000

XBL Gamertag: Inertspark
PSN ID: inertSpark
Steam ID: inertSpark
Posting here as I can't on Facebook, because I have been mysteriously unfriended. I wonder what that might have been about?

HERE BE SECRETSImage

Firstly, why publicly on Facebook of all places? Why this all of a sudden? You never spoke to me about this before? Where was the PM dude? Why was there the need to air dirty laundry on a public forum? Perhaps you had a bad day on at work or on AGC, and because I'm no longer around, perhaps you thought you'd go on Facebook and resort to the tried and tested "have a pop at Dobbo" tactic.

Why is there the need to slag people off as fair weather gamers because they have not logged into a game for a few days? I've given my reasons. 1. You know exactly what it is about the game I am not finding fun. 2 . I am spending more time looking for work, and 3. I had a health scare in the last week. If you must know HERE BE SECRETSPain in bollock, suspected lump.. Probably shouldn't have mention point 3 on here, but now you can see why I haven't been fucked to arse around playing FFXIV, or any games during the day time. Have I played GTA V during the wee hours? Yes... but that doesn't affect you guys.

As for the server economy I highlighted in relation to point 1. above, I know how to make money now in preparation for the inevitable crash. I have no problem with that. It's the process of fucking around not getting shit done all for the sake of covering expenses that I'll never get to pay because all I do grind menial gathering and crafting to make money. It's a catch 22. You miss out on content you still need on your main class because you need to make money, because the game does not reward you for playing through content. However, the process of making that cash renders the rest of your time in-conducive to experiencing said content. It the reason why you guys are grumbling about still being stuck on level 30 or whatever content after 6 weeks or so. It's because you were fucking around doing other things.

Also, what does it matter to you whether a couple of people haven't logged in for a few days? There are thousands of people on the server, there are groups to be made. You don't have to fuck around waiting for people to come online, you can get shit done by other means. In short, get good at MMORPGs.

As for the Teamspeak thing. A user named "Sellouts" logged in on Friday. Nick asked who it was, and there was no answer, so because the username seemed like a statement of discontent from someone, he banned the user. I have to state here that Nick is merely a caretaker for the server for someone else, and the server is used for many games, so the possibility of misuse was there. Nick couldn't take the chance, but whatever, you're unbanned now for what it's worth.

Also how dare you judge somebody's fandom of FF based entirely on how much time they've recently spent in the game? Aside from the main story, this game bears absolutely no relation to FF whatsoever, and aside from like 3 quests, I've done it all, seen the cutscenes, read the dialogue. More than you have, so screw you.

What was the goal of your rant anyway? Was it to kick me up the ass and log in? Congratulations at failing, because when the time comes to do so, I'll do it as an ex-member of the UUDD company, and quite possibly as an ex-member of this forum, so long as you're in this mood and intent on stirring shit.

Rant over, have a nice day

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­▬
I'M NOT FEELING VIOLENT. I'M FEELING CREATIVE WITH WEAPONS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­▬

Post subject: Re: So there may be a little discontent...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm 
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 12910 / 40346
12910 / 40346
MP: 19263 / 19263
19263 / 19263
EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
I see his point. First week we were all questing like fuck. The next, no-one.

Games are more fun with friends, and it sucks when everyone gets pumped for a game, buys it, then spends their free trial time playing GTAV.

Not saying I'm butthurt because people are playing other games, but now I know how Tibe felt when I promised to play Borderlands with him then sacked it off.

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:48 pm 
17 / 1795
857 / 857
944 / 1000

But if you care to read my post, there are 3 reasons why I have not played over the last week or so. Two of which are personal, one of the extremely personal and pretty damn serious.

But why the fuck start all this shit on Facebook? Why not keep it private, so I could explain there? And maybe even explain that I bought 6 months worth of game time last fucking Monday? Question to Jim, how much have YOU bought? For a working man (unlike myself), who loves the game so much, I'd be disappointed if you didn't say it was at least that.

Disappointed that Jim had to start the whole winding Dobbo up thing again because he's unhappy with certain elements in his life to be honest. I thought we were past all that and getting on fine since I left Aviva. Clearly I was wrong, because I've done fucking nothing to him to deserve this the whole time we've been playing this game.

Fucking disgraceful man. Poor form. :no:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 pm 
12910 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

As I said, WE were all questing. Luke, Nick, Wheelz, The Two Jonnies, shit, just look at the FC and it speaks for itself. Only 2-3 people out of almost 15-20 have been on in the last week.

You had knacker problems, and as someone who has also had knacker problems, fair play to you. Knackers is srs bsns. But what about everyone else?

I think you got all the flak because out of everyone being called out, you were the only one who bit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm 
Level: 16 Squire
HP: 0 / 556
0 / 556
MP: 265 / 265
265 / 265
EXP: 308 / 331
308 / 331

I think I decided I can't be bothered to engage in conversation any longer because instead of 'sorry man, been busy, also my nuts feel weird' you decide to throw the hatchet at my head and fling it all back on me.

Yes, of course its my problem. Hence me bringing it up.
However, I'm more than capable of understanding legitimate reasons.

Its more to draw attention to the fact its boring and lonely as fuck when you're the only guy in a 16 man group who ever seems to be on.

but hey, if you wanna think it boils deeper than that - then fine, I simply don't have time to engage in squabbles over semantics when the too long, didn't read version goes like this

me: where the fuck is everyone
you: i'm level 50 and it costs too much
me: or you could make a new class
you: game is boring, also you're being anti social by bringing this to attention.
me: how is that anti social
you: it just is
me: but why
you: because
me: ad infinum.

Nope.
Not doing it.

Good day all. I know where the door is.

I really, really... really don't wanna sit here arguing about who meant what when they said this that or the other.

The original message stays the same and the answer I got was 'fuck you, thats why'.

So, I'm done.

This isn't theatrics. My theatrics span much longer paragraphs with far more hyperbole, sarcasm and exaggeration.

I'm too tired and too old for this shit. Thats so 2008.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm 
0 / 556
265 / 265
308 / 331

oh

I bought 90 days after amending my original purchase of 180 days.

As for 'winding you up' that was NEVER my intention.

Do you really believe i'd want to go through all that aggro again?

NO?

Was it personal?

NO.

Same shit was posted on AGC which you have no access to.

No, it wasn't personal.

and no, things aren't particularly shitty in my life right now.

Do you see me talking about my personal problems? No.

If I had something bothering me, man, I'd be telling somebody because I just can't help myself. I'm outspoken, passionate and down right fucking awesome.

I don't wish anybody any bother. Any harm. Any problems.

I just wanted to see why the hell people aren't playing the game they were praising to fuck like 2 weeks back.

I got my answer.. and now you have yours.

Back to regular programming. You do whatever you gotta do, I won't ever mention you again, and as far as you're concerned - you can't see me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 pm 
12910 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

Jlikew00t wrote:
I just wanted to see why the hell people aren't playing the game they were praising to fuck like 2 weeks back.

This.

Nick.
Jon K.
Mexijon.
Wheelz.
Spearmint.
And many more, according to the FC.

My main reason for actually buying into an MMO was that my friends would be too.

What happened?

INB4 GTAV / FEEFAR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:50 pm 
17 / 1795
857 / 857
944 / 1000

No no. It was directed at me mostly, because I am the only one in a position to even play with him who fits most of the key criteria he cited.

Quote:
It was a race to, who can get there the fastest

Implying it's hard, or indeed slow to play through the main story, or find groups for instances. It's not. I watched all the cutscenes, read all the dialogue etc. Still had some time to craft, gather, fuck around doing fates with some of you etc. I even had time to post tips, tricks etc here, and also leveling advice in Company chat. I even had that 3 or so day period between level 47-50 where there are no quests. I never even tried to level quickly, and I got to 50 easily.

The info is there. As with every MMORPG, if you fuck around ignoring how best to level through your quests, maybe doing stuff you are 6, 7, 8 level too high for. you get nowhere. I assure you it's not slow, and I was not racing anybody.

Quote:
All that seems to matter is I did this, got this far...

Sorry for sharing non-spoiler specific info like, "you'll enjoy your level 40 quest", "and only 5 to go, but I'm running out of quests".

Quote:
Sit about in the city with your level 50 character

Sorry for being level 50. When did you ask for help?

Quote:
And are sat on Teamspeak with Nick and not engaging in any kind of group activity

Where was my invite?

Quote:
Not point(sic.) at anyone in particular here... you know, other that the only level 50 in our team

Implying that a level 50 makes me duty bound to second guess when people want a group, where no invites are offered.

Oh yes. It was totally about me dude.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 pm 
0 / 556
265 / 265
308 / 331

Blokeymon wrote:
Jlikew00t wrote:

This.

Nick.
Jon K.
Mexijon.
Wheelz.
Spearmint.
And many more, according to the FC.

My main reason for actually buying into an MMO was that my friends would be too.

What happened?

INB4 GTAV / FEEFAR.

Mexijon was on holiday.

As for the idea that I sat around jerking my shit waiting for one of you to come online.. Ha.

Okay.. go to lodestone and see my character progress. If I hadn't spent so much time diversifying my character then I would have beat the game by now.

Which then would entitle me to such statements as

-how DARE YOU think you can question my FF fandom when I've reached x,y,z goal in said game
-I HAVE seen it all
-No, U.

and the difference between you guys and finding a bunch of randoms and joining a 'social' group only to find out they're a bunch of dicks is that I actually really like you guys..

Don't worry about being ex whatever. I already left the FC and I'm jumping servers as soon as that becomes available.

As for FF fandom, no, i'm not the best guy to talk to about that, and I never questioned Dobbo's. I was pointing at Stones being the superfan he is and the prospect of him bigging up an FF MMO only to no show would be potential travesty. The way I read that seems as though Dobs thinks I was questioning his fandom..

As for me not being the best fan, no, I was supposed to go to London to watch an orchestra play FF music, only for the guy I was going with to cancel the day of the event and leave me with no means to get down there.

So no, I suck at being whatever it is suddenly we're offend by. Jesus.

*edit - there were no ingame invites but there were plenty of 'hey guys, do you wanna do some duties'. Several times. To no answers.

and no, again, the 'who can get there the fastest' was to do with AGC. The whole FF topic is just 'Im currently here, I've done this this and this' which mimicks the GTA topic which was 'im 27% progress right now'.

There are no discussions any more. Just people sat around telling everyone how far they've got.

I never actually minded the whole 'you'll enjoy the next part' thing. You remained spoiler-less and it made it far more interesting to continue playing. In fact, the whole time spent asking where folks were was more of a gauge to where somebody was story wise and whether they would ascertain certain items to make life easier; dyes, chocobos, etc. etc.

like I said, it was AGC shit... but the whole 'hey anyone for duties' shit still stands.

I can see where this is going.. and it reminds me of those things, you know, them whatchacallems, shapes, without any angles, they look like discs and tend to just go round and round and round with no end?

One of them. Its coming. I can feel it.

Last edited by Jlikew00t on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 pm 
17 / 1795
857 / 857
944 / 1000

Jlikew00t wrote:
Yes, of course its my problem. Hence me bringing it up.

Funny that, because on your Facebook rage you were claiming that it was my problem. It's not a problem to me. I play when I play. When I don't, I have other things to do. /shrug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 pm 
Level: 39 Squire
HP: 140 / 4676
140 / 4676
MP: 2232 / 2232
2232 / 2232
EXP: 2303 / 2461
2303 / 2461

Wow, way too much bitching in this here thread. I live in the western US and no one from UUDD is ever on when I log in. Does that stop me from playing with other people? No it doesn't. I use the duty finder and team up with people I see working on the same quests I am at the moment and make new online friends. This isn't a lan party. There are thousands of potential new friends every time you play log in. I actually prefer playing with strangers, makes it easier to go our separate ways when we are no longer working on the same thing. To each his own though I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:14 pm 
17 / 1795
857 / 857
944 / 1000

If the core rant at the heart of this is TL:DR to you, it can basically be summed up like so:

Last edited by inertSpark on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:23 pm 
Level: 52
HP: 862 / 10781
862 / 10781
MP: 5147 / 5147
5147 / 5147
EXP: 5127 / 5401
5127 / 5401

XBL Gamertag: Ax8472
PSN ID: Ax8472
Steam ID: Ax8472
3DS code: 2681-1146-3380
How I've avoided any finger pointing so far, I'll never know. I tick all the boxes.

Why the WWF wrastling picture?

Also, ya know, if it wasn't GTA, it'll probably have been "Havin' a week off cause I've ignore my friends since the game came out". I've not exactly stopped playing.

Also, regarding "everyone wus pumpt, but no one playh anamoore", this is typical MMORPG startup. People play for a while then crave a change. You gotta let this filter out people who aren't gonna play anymore or quit, and you'll see the long-standing players eventually.

It's just how it is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:06 pm 
Level: 27 Judge
17 / 1795
857 / 857
EXP: 948 / 1000
948 / 1000

XBL Gamertag: mrs blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeymon
3DS code: 3067-8749-9917
Nintendo ID: Mrsblokeh
I like playing by myself. Its easier and you don't get disappointed. Love chatting to random people and joining random parties.

Just gotta remember guys you can only rely on yourselves, am the only person on the forum on moogle so i don't get to play with anyone.

Edit: That and carl didnt want me on ceberus to play with his friends just in case they liked me better than him :o :lol: :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 pm 
12910 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

Like I just said though, what essentially happened was Jim arranged a day trip to Alton Towers, everybody paid for their tickets, then left Jim and me on our own after one ride on Nemesis. It's just like what happened with MAG. I totally understand why Jim's pissed, although I can understand why Dobbo took time off.

But its all those others who agreed to make playing this more fun than it is who then dropped out for Murder Simulator 5 or Football Rehash 27 that I'm annoyed with.

If I knew I was gonna have to solo this game from day one, then I would still play it. Just woulda been nice to play with those who said they'd be there...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next